You may already know about the
first 5 days (UPDATE) first 7 days being free, but now we know when FFXIV World Transfers will start.
Mark your calendars it’s official, well barring any unforeseen issues it’s official. FFXIV world transfers will be available starting on Tuesday October 15th. The official post on the forums by Community Rep Foxclon is in Japanese so I’ll be sure to update you with a link to the official translation once I see it posted.
Please remember that this isn’t set in stone just yet as Square Enix is performing some tests tonight and if those tests explode they may need a day or two to resolve issues. Foxclon has promised to keep us posted on any potential delays.
As we previously talked about, the
first 5 days first 7 days of transfers will be free but there are a few considerations you should keep in mind when deciding to use the FFXIV word transfer service and what world you should actually transfer to:
- Risk of having to change your name
- Risk of moving to a more congested server
- Risk of Gil loss (More on this probably coming but a Gil cap will be in place to prevent Gil Sellers from transferring Gil around)
- Risk of periods where you can’t log in if World population is high
If you’re looking to jump worlds using the FFXIV world transfer service then be sure to stay tuned to updates added to this article once the official English translation is up and to make sure the date stays intact through this evening’s testing.
This has got to make a great deal of players happy though (even if it is a full month after Square Enix originally wanted to launch the service) as subscriptions start becoming due. I think it would have been hard for many to justify paying a subscription when they physically couldn’t play with their friends at all.
Will you be using your free transfer? What server are you jumping to?
UPDATE: The date and process is now official. Check out the full details!
Due to login and character creation restrictions set in place after the start of official service, many players were unable to create characters on their desired Worlds. In order to address this issue, players will be allowed to use the World Transfer Service free of charge from Tuesday, October 15, 2013, to Sunday, October 21, 2013, 01:00 a.m.
After reading the guidelines below, please proceed to the FINAL FANTASY XIV: Mog Station(http://sqex.to/Msp) to use the World Transfer Service.
Using the World Transfer Service, players can move characters on their service accounts to be from one World to another.
Although multiple characters can be transferred from one World to another with a single use of this service, multiple characters from different Worlds cannot be transferred to the same World, nor can multiple characters from a single World be transferred to separate Worlds.
|Japan Data Center||NA/EU Data Center|
|Japan Data Center||NA/EU Data Center|
* Characters cannot be transferred to a World which has already reached the limit for character creation.
* Characters can also be transferred between data centers.
In order to allow the economy of newly established Worlds to stabilize, the following restrictions have been set in place for Legacy Worlds.
|Transferrable||Current World||Destination World|
|○||Non-Legacy World||->||Legacy World|
|○||Legacy World||->||Legacy World|
|×||Legacy World||->||Non-Legacy World|
The following conditions must be met before using the World Transfer Service:
Furthermore, characters can only transfer 3 million gil, while retainers can only transfer 1 million gil. Please be aware that excess gil will be lost.
* Regarding Login Restrictions During the Transfer Process
Once you begin the World transfer process, you cannot create new characters or log into the game until the transfer is complete.
Characters will be transferred in the order applications were submitted. Furthermore, additional time may be required for all transfers to complete. A notification will be sent to the e-mail address registered to your Square Enix account when the transfer is complete. Do not attempt to log in before receiving this notification, as doing so may cause an error in the transfer, prolonging the process.
* Please check your e-mail filters to ensure e-mail from the domain name @account.square-enix.com is not sent to your junk mail folder.
A large number of players are expected to make use of the World Transfer Service during this free period. As a result, transfers may require several days before processing is complete.
Step 2: Log into the FINAL FANTASY XIV: Mog Station
Log into the FINAL FANTASY XIV: Mog Station with the Square Enix account containing characters you wish to be transferred. The status of your service account and available characters can be confirmed on the Account Services page.
To begin the application process, select World Transfer Service on the Optional Services page.
* In the event you possess multiple service accounts for FINAL FANTASY XIV, please select the tab of the service account containing characters you wish to be transferred.
Step 3: Apply for a World Transfer
Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the World transfer process. Please also bear in mind the following before submitting your application:
In the event the name of your character has already been chosen by another character on the destination World, you will be required to change your character’s name when logging in for the first time.
Although it is possible to confirm the availability of your character’s name when submitting your application, multiple applications bearing characters with the same name may necessitate the renaming of your character, depending on the order in which the applications are processed.
* Once service fees are instated for this service, characters transferring from another World will take priority in the event a character on the destination World has the same name but is associated with an inactive service account at the time of transfer.
* Please note that any gil exceeding the above limit will be lost.
- The following will not be transferred along with your character:
* The World Transfer Service cannot be used for characters enlisted in a free company. Please make sure your character is not a member of a free company before using this service.
* Characters will be withdrawn from linkshells automatically.
- The following data will be updated automatically.
* World transfers will not affect your list of followers and those whom you are following.