Yoshi-P Spills Patch 2.1: A Realm Awoken Details
Having just talked about many of the Crystal Tower details on XIV Reborn, it’s awesome to see even more Patch 2.1 details today!
Famitsu scored an interview with FFXIV Director/Producer Yoshi-P and boy oh boy did he drop a lot of patch 2.1 details. Officially bearing the title “A Realm Awoken,” patch 2.1 is set to release on December 17th and the massive amounts of content have been the subject of MANY articles here on XIV Nation and a few episodes of XIV Reborn.
If you aren’t all that familiar with the items included in this update, you may want to read our Live Letter X wrap up for a better understanding of some of the patch 2.1 details discussed in the interview.
Obviously, I don’t speak Japanese so, as always, a huge shout out goes to gamer/translator Reinheart for tweeting out the bullet points of the interview all day.
Let’s look at the high points!
FFXIV General Items
- Final Fantasy XIV will be coming to Steam
- After the expansion, there will be a dungeon that is harder than the Binding Coil of Bahamut.
- The previously stated cap raise for Allagan Tomestones of Mythology to 450 is not set in stone, it could be raised or lowered.
- Regarding the Fan Fest World Tour- Europe will see one event as the schedule is too tight to have an event in each country.
I can’t WAIT to go to Fan Fest next year!
Class and Ability Changes
- After a bug fix, jobs that couldn’t compete in the DPS department will be more comparable to Black Mage DPS.
- A Bard skill is moving to another advanced job.
- Summoner’s Bane will be adjusted in 2.1.
All of these changes were pretty well known already but obviously details are still missing. It is interesting that the Bard skill is going to someone else rather than just being taken away from Bards.
Primals Old and New Updates
- Extreme Primal fights allow one reward per week. You must defeat all three Primals for this.
- Aside from an ilvl 90 weapon, Extreme Mode primal chests will contain accessories.
- Good King Moogle Mog difficulty is between that of Garuda and Titan. There are speech bubbles that pop up during the fight that are fun to read. If you’re having a hard time with Hard Mode Titan, this fight is for you!
- Ultima Weapon Hard Mode will have a story that involves the Wandering Minstrel. The requirements are light, so people can jump into it quickly. (WRITER’S NOTE: Obviously, not technically a primal but it makes sense to list this item here rather than by itself elsewhere.)
- Before 2.2, they would like to do a Titan and Ultima HM battle challenge. Prior to 2.3 they would like to do Leviathan HM and Ultima Weapon EM. (At live events)
- After placing a furniture item in your house it becomes unable to be sold on the market.
- Cost of housing is still undecided- the team is looking at the economy to decide carefully.
- Hard mode dungeons will have a different feel and effects like fog so that players will know immediately when entering that it will be challenging.
- Every patch will have two hard modes of existing dungeons in addition to one new dungeon.
- EXP in dungeons will increase by 150%. On top of that, combined with the roulette and rest bonuses, players will see three times the amount of EXP from dungeons than they currently do.
- Sirius Pharos will be the hardest 4-man dungeon.
Patch 2.1 Details and The Crystal Tower
- Treasure Hunt system- DoL can find maps that DoW/DoM can use to open chests that spawn monsters. It can be soloed, however higher levels will require a party to be successful.
- Beastmen Dailies- 2.1 will have quests with two of the beastmen tribes, more will be added later.
- Players will be able to rank up to 30 in PvP in patch 2.1.
- Crystal Tower loot restriction is one item per week. Once an item is obtained, you have to wait for a reset before you are able to obtain more.
I can’t lie, that Crystal Tower loot lock is kind of disappointing. As I said on XIV Reborn, I knew the one week was a popular thought, but I seriously believed it wouldn’t be that long given that the most difficult content doesn’t require you to even step foot into the tower. What do you think though?
Patch 2.2 Thoughts
- Patch 2.2 will have around 1.5x the amount of storyline as 2.1.
- Patch 2.2 will include the fight against Leviathan as well as its extreme mode version.
Are you pumped yet? What concerns do you still have? Sound off below!